So, my ipod touch with fun memories of my Belize trip is misplaced. Nothing tragic, it’s been swallowed up in my apartment, and I haven’t had a chance to look for it. I am posting pictures from the trip slowly on my photo blog thischannelalwayschanges.wordpress.com, so feel free to check those out.
I think it’s time for me to find something inane to post about.
This week is E3 so, I really can’t do anything, but focus on video games. Here’s your monthly music. Recapping Belize should be back no later than Monday!
Passion Pit - Manners
These guys are the reason I like steering clear of music reviews and buzz about bands online. I love music and I had no idea Passion Pit was hyped into oblivion after their Chunk of Change EP. One my friends kept talking about them and I finally gave in and decided to give it a listen. Now, I can’t go a day without listening to the whole CD all the way through at least once. This album is summer, this album is fun. I can’t listen to ‘Little Secrets’ with out a huge grin on my face, ‘The Reeling’ is just an amazing song and the video is great and I’ve got future plans for ‘Swimming in the Flood’. I’ll admit the lead singer’s voice is high and can be shrill at times, but for me that’s a complement. I’ve got a thing for awkward voices. If you are looking for a great summer album, I can’t suggest better at the moment.
Manners – Download Here Listen Here
I have all my photos back, so I’ll be posting my trip during the course of the next week or two (finally!). So I’m back bitches and ready to blog.
On April 23 I landed in Mexico for the first time in my life. Temperature wise it’s what I expected (just like the good old South). I met most of the Bevis clan (Lacy’s brother Arran his wife Allie and their daughter Sierra, along with Lacy’s sister Heather and her son Colin and Lacy’s mom). As soon as we packed up the van we sped out of Cancun, we’re not the get drunk on the beach type (at least not THAT type).
Our first night in Mexico. Flew into Cancun and promptly left for Playa Del Carmen. We got three rooms like this for a grand total of $90. Pretty sweet deal.
I recall a conversation that Lacy and I overheard while we were filling out our custom forms. “We’re just going to get drunk and lay on the beach. Why do we have to fill out these forms?”
I don’t know, foreign country much? I know Cancun is the spot for partying and such, but if that’s all you were really going to do why not just go Daytona Beach? At least you’d avoid those pesky forms. Anyway…
We had a bit of an adventure trying to find a hotel, but mission accomplished, we found a hotel for $30 a room (!!!). The humidity skyrocketed, but I love wandering around at night without the need for a jacket.
We wandered around until we found a restaurant still open, because by the time we had settled in it was almost 11 pm. It was a short night, but it was our first day.
Next post…Ruins, the best food and mysterious stranger on the beach…
Don’t matronize me. The Goddess blessed me with something more important than a woman’s reproductive system. She gave me a sense of political purpose. So while I don’t ovulate eggs, I ovulate ethics. And I will give birth to social justice. Thundering social justice.
— A random comment by some random feminist on a random blog.
P.S. I laughed out loud when I read this. She needs to get over herself.
Fictional destruction, cataclysmic events and horror. (I own a Doomsday Dictionary if that’s of any hint)
Computers and technology
Electronica (8bit, house, etc…)
Dancing around my apartment with a dress on.
Posted in Blogging, Gadgets, Life, Music, Observations, Photography, Science, Things I'll Never Understand, Uncategorized, Video Games
Tagged Books, computers, dancing, dressing up, electronica, horror, Music, pho, Photography, tech, things i get excited about, vide, Video Games
I’m dedicating my first blog post back from vacation with great news. One of my best friends in the world, Maggie, is having her first baby!
Ohhhhh I’m gonna spoil this child rotten.
7 Quirky Things:
- I talk to the television, like attempt to have conversations with the characters (or scream at them). It’s fun to do especially making up dialogue for the characters.
- I’m terrified at public toilet seats that are up. I’m not sure if it’s rooted in childhood, but they still give me shivers.
- I drink dill pickle juice and olive juice, yum.
- I love technology (which is a complete understatement), but I mainly abhor communication via cell phone and e-mail. I try to avoid it if I can.
- I like band-aids, a lot. I’ll put them on when I don’t need them. Scars are cool, but I hate papercuts.
- Before I get on a plane I run the flight number though my head in a fake news broadcast about the plane crashing to see if it flows (if it doesn’t then I feel better). Morbid, I KNOW.
- I get deja vu a lot, weirdly enough it’s in situations I’ve never been in. I had it once when I made my first trip to Spain, strangely it was involving a black cat.
3 Things I love about myself:
- I love my friends and family who make up a good portion of who I am. And I love that I’m a twin.
- I love that I’m passionate about my hobbies (mainly video games and photography). : )
- The fact that I don’t act the way people expect I should.
If Cari, Poem, Aaron, Shannon or anyone else for that matter would like to contribute, imma tagging you.